Good reporting depends on good sources. If you have a story you'd like to tell or documents you'd like to share, please get in touch.
Whether or not you use encryption, please follow these steps:
- Don't use a work/school email address. Use a personal account. Even better, use an anonymous account that you only use for our communications (see below).
- Don't use a work/school network or computer. Use a device you own, either from your home or from an open wifi network, like at a coffee shop or a library.
- Use an anonymous account. If your identity is sensitive, set up a new email address from a public wifi network. Don't give any identifying information when you set it up.
- Use Tor. For maximum security, use the anonymous Tor browser — instead of Chrome or Firefox — when setting up the account and using it.
- Use innocuous subject lines. PGP only encrypts the body of an email, not the subject line or the "to" and "from" fields. If you use encryption, use innocuous subject lines.