For general inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org. No PR pitches, please.
- For maximum security, use the anonymous Tor web browser when setting up ProtonMail and using it.
- Don’t email me from work or school — use a device you own, and do it from home or from an open wifi network, like a library or coffee shop.
- Don’t put identifying info in your email address or the subject line.
- Be sure to set up disappearing messages in case your phone is seized or stolen.
The most secure way to send me paper documents is to mail them to Joshua Eaton, P.O. Box 34716, Washington, D.C. 20043.
- Use a sidewalk postal box away from home or work. Don’t include a return address. If you must include your address, put it inside the envelope.
- Be careful: Some organizations track which employees access certain documents. Many laser printers also mark documents with hard-to-see “tracking dots” that indicate when and where they were printed.